Tuesday, July 29, 2008

safe...for now





After a series of losses, it looked like Federer would add another to his list today at the Cincinnati Masters. TMF was 2 points away from a straight set loss to Robby Ginepri, but he won the match 6-7 (2), 7-6 (5), 6-0.












For now, he is safe from losing the crown to this man:
Yet, despite this (imminent) change in rankings, it's admirable to witness the respect the two have for each other.
Federer on Nadal: "I focus on big picture, prepare well and try not to go crazy over the ranking. I know there's a lot of talk about it now, and Rafa does deserve the credit."
Nadal on Federer: "Every player wants to be No. 1, no? I would love to be No. 1, but I am No. 2 right now," Nadal said. "I'm very happy to be No. 2. Because with my titles, with my points, in a normal situation I, well, would have been No. 1 before. So I think I have to be happy, very happy anyway if I am No. 1 or No. 2. Because if I am No. 2 it's because in front of me there is amazing player like Roger."
Personally, even thoughI'm an "unconditional" fedophile, I like Rafa and his endearing "no?"s.
and a shoutout to my readers: steve g, sanjeet, and bored annie who reads this blog even though she knows nothing about tennis.

No comments: